LEARN ABOUT THE EXODUS ON YOUR OWN
IN YOUR OWN HOME, CAR OR ON YOUR CELL PHONE!
If you have an interest in learning more about what the Exodus story is, first we would like to direct you to two online links that will take you to the book of Exodus in the Bible in almost ANY language.
Bible Study 1
Lesson 1: Journey to the Real Mt. Sinai "Introduction" (birdchurch.net) There are a total of 12 Bible studies on Patti’s birdchurch.net website, we encourage you to visit her and take all of them! Below is Lesson 1 for a sample:
There are actually six mountains that are the strongest current candidates for the real Mt. Sinai in the world today. Why is it even important that we locate the correct one? As we rapidly approach the end times, in a world that is whirling and swirling around us, we as Christians in America are under an all out assault for our beliefs. We believe in Jesus. And we believe in the word of God. All of it. With no excuses. Any archaeological finds that validate the Bible these days strengthens not only our own personal faith, but the testimony of Judaism and Christianity at large.
After visiting Saudi Arabia and the ancient land of Midian myself, I can testify that there is an undeniable underlying excitement about this mountain. Maybe it is because it has been untouched by the world for so long... Maybe because we know it is where God himself came to earth to speak to Moses... Maybe because the secrets of this sandy desert are being revealed to us as the end approaches!
This twelve-week class will be a study of the book of Exodus, using video based learning, verse by verse study of the Bible using the commentary by Chuck Missler, and supplemental short video clips and websites. We will also be using books by Glen Fritz and Joel Richardson as resources. The goal is not only to learn the basic narrative, but also look for biblical clues for the location of the real Mt. Sinai and other locations mentioned in the Bible.
Also, we will be looking for foreshadowing of both the first and second coming of Christ. While you listen to the video, be ready to share something meaningful you learned from the lesson. Click Here for the worksheet and lesson plan.
Play Introductory Video that is on youtube on the above link
- Share something meaningful you learned from this lesson.
- Why do you think it might be important to locate the real Mt. Sinai?
- Why might the brothers of Joseph be fearful about his death? What does Joseph’s request for his bones to be taken to the Promised Land show about his faith?
- Why was it important for God to let Abraham know what he was going to do in the future?
- The Hebrew midwives lied to Pharaoh about the baby boys. Why do you think God blessed them for it? When is it okay for us to disobey government authority?
- Why do you think that God allowed his people to be enslaved in bondage?
- The Bible says that the more the Hebrews were afflicted, the more they grew. How can we relate that concept to our own lives? The persecuted church?
Next: Read Exodus Chapter One! Or...read Chuck Missler’s Exodus Chapter 1 and Introduction. Locate Goshen, Pithom and Rameses on the map.