Use Pastor Appreciation Month to show them your thanks
October is the official Pastor Appreciation Month, dedicated to appreciating everything that our Pastors do throughout the year. Sometimes we forget that Pastors don’t just work on Sundays when they get up to preach! The reality is that most Pastors are always on-call (day or night) and spend countless hours working with all sorts of people, handling numerous church affairs and putting out fires that inevitably pop up throughout the week. The calling of a Shepard can be incredibly rewarding yet exceedingly stressful. Here are 5 simple ways to make sure they know they’re loved and appreciated this October (or anytime of the year really!):
1. Collect hand-written letters from members of the congregation, then create a book to present to your pastor.
2. Create a gift-basket packed with great “Pastor essentials.”
3. Pool money together to get them a “Date Night” collection of gift cards! Spa, dinner, movies, etc.
4. Give a fun T-shirt or mug that expresses how wonderful they are, like “Best Pastor in the World!”
5. Let them know they can travel to the Bible Lands for free when they bring their church members along on an ultimate group travel adventure!
Interested in a Biblical-based Christian tour? Check out what Living Passages has to offer for 2016!
Jeremiah 3:15 “And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.”
Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers…